Water Treatment Plant
The Water Department supplies water to the City of Franklin, Sugarcreek Borough, French Creek Township, Sandy Creek Township, and Cranberry Township. The City water system consists of two water treatment plants, seven booster stations, and nine water tanks. The Department controls water service to individual homes and businesses.
- Maintains, repairs, and replaces water lines.
- Leak detection program.
- Maintains, repairs, and replaces fire hydrants
- Assists contractors and engineers performing underground work
- Maintains maps and drawings of water lines
- Maintains, repairs, and replaces water treatment equipment, facilities, and grounds.
- Installs, maintains, repairs, and reads water meters
- Tests water samples
- Monitors regulatory compliance
- Operates and maintains municipal swimming pool.
Fred Leyda, Water Department Supervisor