The mission of the Code Enforcement Office is to promote and maintain a desirable community to live and work. We help maintain and improve our community by administering a fair and unbiased enforcement of municipal codes and land use requirements.
Code Enforcement Officer:
- Charles R. Gibbons, BCO
430 Thirteenth Street
Franklin, PA 16323
(814) 437-1430 x 128
The Code Enforcement Officer enforces standards to protect life, health, property and the environment. These standards are set forth in building codes, zoning codes, property maintenance codes and other codes and ordinances designed to ensure the general welfare of the public, and owners and occupants of buildings and properties.
- Conducts building and property inspections
- Acts as the city Building Code Official
- Issues Building Permits
- Issues Municipal Permits
- Ensures that land uses are in zoning compliance
- Receives applications for Zoning Hearings
- Serves as a member of the Historical Architectural Review Board
- Works with and assists other public service agencies and city departments
- Serves as the City of Franklin's Fair Housing Officer